Musings

My ramblings......

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Whats in a name?? Huh??

Just that I've lost track of the n different mutations/corruptions and I am actually in danger of forgetting my own name :(
Ok... here are a few samples..

Mantangy(pronounced MAN-TAN-GUY)
Manthaanji(pronounced MUN-THAAN-JEE)
Maythingi(MAY-THINGI)

A typical conversation goes like this...

XYZ: (This guy has a totally clueless look) Ma-Ma-n-Mantha.. ok how do you say your name?
Me: Maathangi.
XYZ: Maththaaa...say that again. Just that your name is so so confusing...
Me: (Huh!!abbe.. intha perukku ennada korachal..)MAAA THA NG EEE
XYZ: MAntha... (Sighs n Gives up) Do you have a nickname? a shorter one?
Me: (sarida dai...)oh.. you can call me Madhu.
XYZ: MAAADU
Me: (MAADA? dai #$%^#@^) Madhoo.
XYZ: (Grinning).. thats easy MAAADU.Now why didnt you tell me before?
Me: he he he

Now dont get me started on my last name nightmares.


Cheers :)
Mantanji aka Mathangi

PS: I hate numbers but I think something like 101201 cant be butchered.. whaddya say?

3 Comments:

  • At 10:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hahahha.. tell me about it..

    by the way...my name is mathangi too! :)

     
  • At 8:34 PM, Blogger Jinguchakka said…

    You be happy. I am going around dissuading everyone to pronounce mine.

    - Srinivasan

     
  • At 9:25 AM, Blogger DCharms said…

    Long time no see ... Mats...
    Oops! sorry ya..
    Nice one Mathangi... :-D
    Keep writing ...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home