Musings

My ramblings......

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

A lot of times these past few weeks, I have wanted to just go home... back to madurai, longing for the fights, the teasing, the bantering and 1001 mundane stuff i do with my bro and sis. a webcam and fone can't replace flesh and blood - of being there when my sis is reciting her day at college or my bro just grumbling and glowering at me when I ask him to study his lessons or my mom sitting down with me and gossipping abt her latest frend or my dad complaining abt his boss or my thatha sharing his puns with me..I do it everyday on the fone.. but...
I wonder everyday at what i am missing - I have not listened to even one of my mom's famous speeches at the sivananda ashram. I know she would have been in seventh heaven if i had but taken the time to come and see her in her elements when i was in chennai..... my sis when she wore her first saree to college... my bro when he was sick last month..
I keep counting these moments and yearn for the familiarity of my home again..and again and again.....

4 Comments:

  • At 1:17 PM, Blogger The Doodler said…

    Mathangi,
    tell me about it..:) It is a most fulfilling sensation to be with kith and kin..:(

     
  • At 12:25 PM, Blogger Rathi Venugopal said…

    Mathu...remember it was just yesterday we were talking about days passing so soon...and u told me you feel happy when you realize that ...:-)I do understand how love & miss your family.....dont worry... distance strengthens love and presence sharpens it!! :-)

     
  • At 1:13 AM, Blogger mathangi k said…

    Yup! looking forward to going home and picking fights with my bro n sis..

     
  • At 7:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yenakku Maduraina Meenakshi amman kovil, mappillai vinayagar theater and yenga veedu- idhu moonum gyabagam varudhu! ammmmaaaaaaa !

     

Post a Comment

<< Home